Saturday, August 15, 2009

Galloway-Weel 3

This week we did 5 miles. I was placed in the 3/1 pace group. (It is an average of 10-11 min mile). We started right around 7:15 and the sun was already getting pretty hot. Luckily we ran the beach side of the route first. Overall the run went well. The last quarter mile I was hurting, it was so hot, I was dripping in sweat and dying of thirst. I slowed up a bit the last stretch. Overall average was 11:43 min/mile according to my Ipod (5.32 miles in 1:02:27). Not too bad, a little slower than I want but I'll take it.

I love my Ipod I only have one ear bud in while running so I can still chat and hear things around me but I love how it tracks the distance and time. It keeps me in check and I can't fudge the numbers....but for whatever reason it broke and now I have to get a new one. ugh.

Knees are still a little tender today but improving. We'll see how they hold up tomorrow during my individual training.

No comments: