Sunday, August 2, 2009

Galloway-Week 1

So today was the kickoff for the marathon training. I am part of the St Augustine group, and glad I'm not running in Jax, there are way too many people in that group. I would so intimidated! There were approximately 50 people there today for our first session. We met up at 7 and started out 3 mile run/walk around 7:15ish. I did not have a watch on so I'm not sure of the times. I was in the 1 minute run 1 minute walk group (it was the fastest pace group of the day) and the run went really easy, almost too easy (or at least I thought so at the time). I finished it somewhere around 30 to 45 mins (again not sure because didn't have a watch). Felt great the entire time....now almost 16 hours later I'm beginning to feel the aches in my legs. I'm sure tomorrow will be fun.

Overall please with Week 1. This week I have two small runs Mon and Wed.

Up next Saturday: 4 miles and the magic mile (the use the magic mile number to place you in the correct pace group)

(sorry if this bores you, but I think I need to blog about this to keep me accountable during this process.....)

No comments: