Friday, December 11, 2009

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe Christmas is in TWO weeks!!!!Even though Kendall thinks everyday is Christmas....

Well we spent Thanksgiving in Ohio with Terry's family. Kendall was, as usual, a wonderful plane passenger. This time she didn't have to sit in the car seat. We decided she was big enough to just sit in the seat and she did great. We have Terry's old iPhone, that is basically just an iTouch now, loaded up with a few of her favorite shows and she was content just watching them. It was nice not to have to break out the ol DVD player. It was pretty cold and Kendall loved it. She enjoyed taking the leaves that were piled around out front and throwing them up in the air. We visited with extended family and had a great time just hanging out. We were hoping to see a little of the white stuff but no luck.



Terry was called away to work last week so me and the munchin were just doing our own thing. Finally got the Christmas tree up, by myself. Stockings are up but no lights outside this year. All the kids gifts are done just need to get to wrapping. Don't know why but not much in the Christmas mood this year....just feel like there is so much I want to do with Kendall this year but I'm running out of time.

Last weekend while Terry was gone went to see the big tree downtown with my parents.
Kendall enjoyed seeing the GIANT tree and all the light decorations.





On the agenda for the next two weeks: Jags v Miami, gingerbread house, cut out cookies, buckeyes, Nutcracker (so hope Kendall loves it as much as I do), Kendall school holiday performance, family party, work party, Parrish family in town (yeah), and hoping to take Kendall to her first movie-Princess and the Frog. Still haven't started Christmas cards (may turn out to be New Year Cards at this rate).


Well off to run 20 miles, yes you read that correctly TWENTY MILES tonight. The group run is scheduled for Saturday but since cold rain is in the forecast I'm opting to run in just cold tonight with a few ladies from my group. I haven't done my regularly scheduled run for almost two weeks. Yikes. So dreading this and not at all prepared, mentally or physically, but gotta get it done. I'm even giving up my already scheduled Girls Happy Hour to do this stupid run! Can you believe it!?! (Sorry ladies) I'm an athlete now. At least that is what I'm telling Terry-its my excuse for when I'm having aches and pains-"I'm not old, just an athlete!"

Next week: My first 1/2 Marathon! I'm offically signed up to do the Jacksonville Bank 1/2 Marathon next sunday. Hoping to get a little experience with how race day will be and what to expect.

Holy cow, I'm a runner. Now who would have ever thought that!

No comments: