Well I gave it my best shot but fell a little short last Friday night. I only ended up doing 16.79 miles with average pace 12 min mile. Not too bad but not 20 miles either. I've never had a problem with muscle fatigue in my past runs, but Friday night I just couldn't go any further! My muscles were screaming....it was the first time I felt like crying during a run and almost contemplated calling Terry to come get me because I didn't think I would be able to drive home. I sucked it up and drove myself home with a stop at Publix to pick up some chocolate milk and a large bag of ice. When i finally got home around 9:30 (okay who in their right mind runs that late at night, on a Friday night nonetheless?) Kendall was so excited we were doing another ice bath-me not so much-but knew that it would eventually (key word here) make me feel better. I was whiny the entire 10 minutes and Kendall was so sweet patting my hand and kissing my cheek and sweetly saying to me that "its gonna be okay momma, I'm here for you". As much as I hate it, the ice bath does make my legs recover quicker. I felt pretty good on Saturday and had my last official physical therapy appointment on Monday. I'm discharged unless things go south again, which I'm hoping they will not.
Well gearing up for the 1/2 marathon this Sunday....checked the weather and looks like its going to be dry but pretty cold Sunday morning. Be sure to check back next week for my first race re-cap!
No comments:
Post a Comment