I ran 17 miles on Saturday and lived to tell about it! This was my longest run and took a little over 3 hours. I can't believe I actually ran for 3 hours. It was actually a really good run for me. I felt great for almost the entire run. My knee didn't start bothering me till around mile 14 or so and even then it was manageable. My energy level was great the entire time and I'm still in shock I was actually able to complete it and feel as good as I did at the end. I did another ice bath once I got home. That wasn't so great, but I really do think it helps in my recover. It's the next day and overall feeling great and knees are holding up. There is a little twinge going up and down the stairs but other than that I'm good.
For the next two weeks we runt 6 miles each than up next is 20 miles! Looking forward to it now!
2 comments:
Great job. It just gets easier from here. Enjoy the short runs that you have coming up.
Way to go sis! I am so proud of you....keep up the good work!
Post a Comment