Saturday, May 30, 2009

Week 1 ISR

Well we completed our first week of swim lessons. We only got to go three days this week due to the holiday on Monday and we were rained out on Wednesday. Overall I am calling this week a success. Kendall was super excited the first day, till she figured out what was really happening. The second day was cancelled due to rain. Thursday she cried the first 5 minutes but finished strong the last 5. Friday was a great day and I think she is doing pretty good actually...she just needs to get her kicking down better. The instructor said that it appears Kendall is concentrating so hard on trying to hold her breath, not inhale water, and find the wall (or the instructors arm) she is forgetting to kick. It is just too much for her to process just yet. (I'm afraid that she gets that from me, I can't drive stick shift because it's just too complicated for me to use two feet, keep on hand on the wheel, shift with the other hand...good grief I can barely drive as it is!-just keeping it honest folks). Here is a little video from class on Friday. Hopefully next week will be a full week of good weather so we won't have any interruptions.

Kendall ISR 4-29-09 from Karen Hinson on Vimeo.

No comments: