Tuesday, May 26, 2009

ISR

This year we enrolled Kendall into ISR (Infant Swim Resource) lessons. I wanted to do them last year but since she got her tubes in last year I was a little reluctant. I was determined this year however to get her signed up. It was a bit of a hassle to find a class in our area that worked for us. We finally found one on Vilano Beach. It is a bit of a tote, but it was the best that worked for us.
I have been talking up these swim lessons to Kendall the last few weeks. She was actually supposed to start last week, but with all the rain they were postponed to this week.
Today was the first day, and of course Terry is out of town again so I get to be the lucky one to take her. As soon as we got there she wanted to get in the water and didn't even have any anxiety about going to the swim instructor, Ms. Lauren. The first thing Ms. Lauren had her do was grab onto the wall, no problems. Then she backed up a little further and had her try again. It was a little harder but she did okay. Then Ms. Lauren wanted her to put her chin in the water-yeah that is where she freaked out. It only took one time and a good mouthful of water for her to get it! She was choking so bad I thought she was going to hurl on the swim instructor! The crying began...but Ms. Lauren pushed through it and did a few more exercises with her actually getting her whole face in the water and reaching for the wall. I must say I was a little freaked, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. I guess it wasn't too bad because when I asked if she wanted to come back to swim tomorrow she said yes. Now we'll have to see how she is when we actually get there...no pictures/video allowed the first session, but I hopefully I can get some before the end of the week.

No comments: