Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Still...

We are still alive and I'm still running....

Things have been a little hectic these days. The daylight savings change really messes with our schedule since it gets dark SO early. Gone are the days of playing outside after dinner.

I'm still training and for the most part it is going well. I've had to start physical therapy last week for a IT band issue in my right knee. I'm hoping to do a little preventive therapy in hopes of keeping from getting seriously injured. We have our longest run yet, 17 miles, this week! Ugh, I'm already nervous just thinking about it. We did do 14 miles two weeks ago. I did okay, my knee was really hurting the last 2 miles. That's when I decided to get to the dr to see what is going on. At this point we are at the half-way point. Worse case scenario I know I can at least finish the half marathon! Speaking of half-marathon, I'm actually going to do one in December. I'm eager to get some race experience before the real event. I'm sure it will be a wake up call reality check to let me know that I really need to get serious and do my weekly maintenance runs. I'm really struggling with those. I'm all for the Saturday run, but I'm still struggling with the two weekday runs. It's just so hard to find the time to do it, but I'm at the point now where if I really want to do this I don't have a choice. I just have to suck it up and make time and bang it out.

Cross your fingers that I survive this weekend relatively injury free. I already made a PT appt for Monday morning in anticipation of the 17 miles this weekend....

No comments: