
the filming of the next Sex in the City movie! It was pretty cool but crowded and i was on a mission to complete these 6 miles before dark so I didn't have time to gawk too long.
At first there were not many people running, just a handful, then once I really got into the park as opposed to running along the street bordering the park HOLY COW it was like runners world with a side of bike nascar. The bikes were out of control and going super fast. Almost got taken down a few times. Then the runners were crazy, felt like I was already running a marathon with all those folks out there. Let me tell you there were some super fast runners, like they were doing the 50 yard dash speed. It was crazy. Then all of the sudden it was running group world. There were at least 5 groups of at least 20 people running at super speeds. I was pretty intimidated...here is little me going at a 12 min mile pace with super marathoner whizzing by. I was hurting. Didn't realize there were so many hills in Central Park. A few times I was distracted by the scenery and so wanted to go check it out but decided I had to stick to task at hand. Towards the end I was starting to get confused as to where I was and though I was lost and started to panic a bit, but I figured out where I was and headed back to the hotel. It was starting to get dark so there was no time to dawdle. I called my sister on the way back to the hotel to let her know that I was still alive and was so into the conversation and kinda not paying attention that I almost missed my hotel.
So glad I got the run in, but dang I'm going to be hurting tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment