Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Opening Night-Flushing Meadows


OMG I finally made it out of the hotel today and out the the site. I've been crazy working all weekend. I didn't even go outside for two days straight! Talk about dedication....I never knew I could be so committed to my job.
It was so worth it though when we finally made it to Flushing Meadows at 7 and picked up our credentials. I'm feeling pretty official now. Of course the Suite was on the opposite side of the stadium from where we entered. We rushed over to the other side so that we could catch the opening ceremony. There were honoring previous athletes who are giving back-Doug Flutie (he really is short), David Robinson (he really is tall), Mia Hamm (another shorty) and Andre (he is really bald).

It was a moving opening finally the match began. Got to see Venus and some other girl. The other girl started out pretty well and gave a good fight but after 2 hours and 45 mins Venus FINALLY won.
The mens match didn't even begin till almost 10:45! I was exhausted but so wanted to see Roddick play! We were able to stay for a bit but decided to head back at 11:30.
It was pretty awesome. Better than I expected and I'm totally hooked! I hope to escape again today and go again tonight.

Here is a picture of me and Ruth, my predecessor. She is officially leaving today and passing the torch to me. She has been a great mentor and I'll miss her dearly!

No comments: