How is it I find myself (and Terry too) in heated conversations with our 2 1/2 year old daughter about driving? She is the ultimate back-seat driver! I don't know who she gets that from (her father would point to me). When we are approaching a red light she starts yelling "RED MEANS STOP...STOP..STOP" and continues until you actually stop regardless of whether or not the light/intersection is still 30 yards away. She really enjoys it when you stop so that it jerks her slightly. It always makes her giggle.
Don't even try to make a right hand turn on red, that just totally sets her off. Do you know how impossible it is to rationalize that concept with a 2 year old.
Me: Yes Kendall, I know red means stop, but you are allowed to make a right hand turn on red.
Kendall: RED MEANS STOP...STOP...STOP...
Me: Okay Kendall, I understand but Mommy is allowed to make the right hand turn on red.
Kendall: NO RED MEANS STOP...STOP...STOP...
etc. till she finds something else that peaks her interest.
Not a fun conversation.
1 comment:
The apple does not fall far from the tree....she is for sure your daughter!
Post a Comment