Monday, October 20, 2008

Kendall's Second Birthday Party



We had Kendall's birthday party on Sunday. The party was later in the afternoon so we could try to get a good nap in before the festivities. While I was trying to get Kendall to eat some noodles for lunch Terry came home with the balloons. Kendall went CRAZY for the balloons. Had I known how excited she was about balloons I would have just gotten her a balloon bouquet for her birthday! She was laughing and oohing and aahing. She insisted on holding the balloons with one hand while shoveling the noodles in with the other (of course I didn't get a picture! ugh) After she finished eating she even wanted to take a nap with the balloons, so upstairs they went with us for a nap. She kept saying "Oh so pretty."

We had some family and great friends come to join us in celebrating the birthday girl. Kendall enjoyed having cupcakes-or as she calls them "happy birthday cakes"- again. While she was a little unsure about the candles (might have something to do with the fire prevention lessons they learned last week) her friend Taylor was more than happy to help out in blowing the candles out.

"Um Mom Fire is bad!"






Kendall got some great presents...some of her favorites-gaudy clip on earrings from daddy-that she had to wear all day and even to bed, alphabet fridge leap frog, Sleeping Beauty DVD, purple rain boots-that she also had to put on instantly and wouldn't take off-and the absolute favorite......BARBIE JEEP!!!

(she may not look it but she really was excited)

She was having a hard time figuring out how to push the gas peddle and actually hold it down to drive so we put Taylor in the driver seat and Kendall was the passenger. She seemed pretty content just to ride around.



Watch out Harley-move out of the way!



At the end of the party just after everyone left she finally had a melt down. I think she was way overstimulated. After a tantrum for a few minutes she was good to go.


While she is still learning how to actually push and hold down the gas peddle, she loves just opening the door and getting in and out of the Jeep. After everyone left she played for at least an hour getting in and out, buckling up and making sure her Minnie Mouse was also safely buckled in. She didn't even want to move anywhere, just get in and out.

This by far has been the quickest year! Just last year she was learning to walk and babbling and today she is running and talking up a storm! I am loving the stage she is in right now because she is changing and growing everyday. She makes us laugh daily and is the sweetest baby girl. I am looking forward to the next year as she continues to flourish from baby to a little girl. She already seems so old to me, I can't imagine how I'll feel next year.

1 comment:

Tami Muhlbauer said...

Every time Taylor does a roll-call on her best friends she always says Kendall's name...I love it!!