We(finally) made it yesterday to California. I have to say I was very pessimistic about how the flight was going to go....but I stand corrected. Kendall was ABSOLUTELY wonderful on all three flights! We got to the airport early so that we could wear off some energy, must have worked because as soon as we got buckled in she fell asleep for the whole flight. Once in Charlotte we got a bite to eat, went to our next gate and played ball to get some more energy out. When we got on board, like clock work, as soon as she was buckled in she fell asleep. I was shocked. She slept for about two of the four hour flight to Phoenix. Once she was awake she was really good, had some snacks looked as some books and then watched some Little Einsteins. Everyone around us was very complimentary about how she was on the flight. Next we loaded up a small (only twelve rows) plane headed for Bakersfield. She was awake the entire flight till we landed, then she fell asleep!?!? Since the plane was so small I think the sound of the engine soothed her and even though she was awake she did great. She wasn't too warm to Terry when she first saw him. I think it was a combination of being tired (it was like 9 pm east coast time) and that she hasn't seen him in four weeks. But once the luggage came she was good to go. I was sure she would fall asleep as soon as we got to the hotel, but I fell asleep before she did. Terry said she feel asleep around 9 pacific time. She did great all night and didn't wake up til 8 so needless to say she isn't jet lagged at all. Today we are off to spend some quality time as a family and enjoy the scenery. It is beautiful here with the mountains all around us. I can only hope (and pray) that she is just as great on the way home Monday.
Check back next week for some pics of our trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment