Sunday, October 18, 2009

Race for the Cure

Well this weekend I had first race in forever...I participated in the Race for the Cure 5k event. I was a little nervous going in because I had not run a race in over 4-5 years. Of course this weekend was the coldest weekend so far this fall and it was absolutely FREEZING!! I seriously sat in my car until it was time to line up for the race because I couldn't handle it. The first mile went pretty quickly but my hands were going numb from being so cold. I was able to run the first mile with no walk breaks, I was pretty excited about that. The second mile I finally started to warm up and took a 1 minute walk break trough the water station. The third mile was a little tough since it was a little bit uphill and running into the sun. By that time I was still feeling pretty good overall but starting to get hot. I had to take my jacket off. I took another 1 minute walk break during the third mile. We rounded the corner and I saw the third mile marker up ahead and the time was 30:25 and I was a little crushed because my time goal was 30 minutes but decided to run it out hard so there I went running like a crazy person to the finish line. My official chip time was 31:06 and I was 40 out of 126 in my age group. Overall I'm satisfied with the race even though I didn't reach my time goal, but nevertheless happy with the results.

No comments: