Sorry for the lack of posts. There have been lots of happenings around the Hinson household. Terry has been gone for 4 weeks now and another 2-3 to go so Kendall and I have had our hands full on our own. This is the first long trip he has been on for quite some time so Kendall had a little adjustment time this go around. She is old enough to realize when he is gone now so it is becoming a little more challenging. We do get to chat via Skype* so that really helps. I need to clean my computer screen from all the kissing she has been doing.
One big event over the last few weeks......Kendall graduated to a big girl bed! It was an exciting day in the Hinson household. I actually took her crib apart, stored it away and put the new bed together ALL BY MYSELF! Well I did have a little help from Kendall :) She was so excited to get her new bed. She told me "thank you momma so much for my new bed I just love it!" Weird thing is that she now prefers to sleep on the floor instead of her bed. Whatever, as long as she is staying in her room then I'm not complaining! That is one battle I've decided not to fight.
Marathon training has continued sans Terry. That itself has been logistically challenging. Do you know how hard it is to find a sitter that will come over on a Saturday at 5 in the morning? let me tell you, impossible! so we have been spending weekends with my parents so they can watch Kendall which means lots of driving for me!
Speaking of marathons....the big day is almost here....only a few days left now. YIKES! Looks like the weather is going to be great! I'm fighting off a cold but think I'll be okay by race day. Getting nervous by trying to stay calm so I don't get a fever blister from the stress. Bummed that Terry is going to miss this! but duty calls and this will just be motivation to do another marathon when he can be here to support me (am I crazy?!?). My dad and Kendall plan to be there to cheer me on so looking forward to that.
Well hopefully it won't be so long between posts this time. I'm going to try and put a pic of Kendall and her valentine surprise up if I can find the camera cord...
Check back for a race recap next week. I might not be able to walk but I should still be able to type;)
1 comment:
I am so proud of you little sis. I wish I could at the finish line to cheer you on. I will for sure be thinking about you the whole time till I get the call that you finished. Keep it up.....
love ya!
Post a Comment