Thursday, July 30, 2009

No turning back!

What did I just do!?!? I am putting it out to there that I have just pushed the button to complete my registration for the Galloway Marathon training program that starts this Saturday! UGH!! I guess I'm committed now....no turning back.

Background story: Back in June I was thinking about signing up to run the 26.2 with Donna in February 2010. The boys happened to be with us the weekend I was think out loud about it. We were in the car on the way to Costco. Both the boys (and who am I kidding, me too) didn't really know how far 26.2 miles was, so we decided to see how far it was once we got on the highway. It was almost exactly 26 miles to Costco from the exit....Zander exclaims from the back seat "There is NO WAY you could run that far!" so...a challenge from an 11 year old who of course knows everything these days (or so he likes to think)....so of course I countered that with I CAN DO IT! So there you have it, I'm going to kill myself to prove an 11 year old wrong. Great....just great. What have i gotten myself into??????

No comments: