Thursday, July 31, 2008

Early Preschool I

It is that time of year again and Kendall's school is already making moves for the next school year. She and two of her girlfriends have been promoted to the Early Preschool I class (in layman terms....2 year old). This week has been the transition week. I dropped Kendall off in her normal class each morning. On Monday after breakfast they went over for the morning session. On Tuesday they went all morning and stayed for lunch. On Wednesday they were there all morning, for lunch and nap time. Since they were all doing so well with the transition they/we decided that today would be a full day in the new "Big Girl" class. We get there this morning and none of her girlfriends are there yet and since Kendall is still getting used to the new teachers she FREAKS OUT!! Crying with tears, screaming, holding on to me for dear life. My heart was hurting, but I knew that she had done so well earlier in the week that she would be just fine...eventually. So with a quick kiss and hug and reassurance that everything would be fine and that Meymey (a.k.a. Meghan) and Hailey would be there any minute (her two girlfriends) out the door I went listening to her scream as I walked down the hall. As soon as I got to work I called to make sure she had settled down..they said as soon as I left like two mins later she sat down at the table and ate her breakfast and was now playing with the baby dolls. She is so full of drama. They about an hour ago I received an email from the director to let me know how Kendall was doing and this is what I get.......



Guess she is fine. By the way, this is her "say cheese" face. So photogenic!

An added bonuses in this class is they are staring them with potty training!! Super excited about that since she has no interest in the two different pottys we have at home.....and they get these cute little backpacks to carry their stuff in now like the "big kids". I'll have a picture of Kendall with her backpack next week (it's out getting monogrammed). She loves it! The first day we got it, as soon as I pulled out of her cubby she turned her back to me and put her arms out so that I would put it on her. She loves it, and of course cried when we dropped it off to get monogrammed...but she looks so cute with it on.

Can't believe my baby girl is growing up so fast!!!

No comments: