Sorry for the lack in posting but the Hinson family has undergone some pretty major changes the last two months and we are still adjusting. Terry was offered a great job with the company he worked with before we moved back to Florida. It is a wonderful opportunity for him and one that we couldn't pass up.....but the downside is that Terry is traveling extensively 6 months out of the year. He is pretty much gone Sept/Oct through March/April. Upside is he is at home (literally, no office to go to nothing just at home) the rest of the year. You got to take the good with the bad.
Terry's first assignment was the first of November in Connecticut. So the past two months Kendall and I have been adjusting to life without daddy. Let me tell you, it was quite a challenge at first (major props to single mothers). I think we have now settled into a nice routine and things are going much smoother now.
Terry was able to come home for Thanksgiving. It was only for the day but it was great to see him. Then back to Connecticut he went. While we were enjoying a very balmy December, Terry got to enjoy the lovely weather of the Northeast, snow and all. (So glad we don't live there anymore) He was able to get home this past Saturday just before the big storm hit. He'll be home for a few weeks then off again, I think to California this time.
Kendall was so excited to see him when he came home. We were a little worried how she was going to react since she is going through some major separation/stranger anxiety. For example she has been going to school for how long now, almost a year, and all the sudden she freaks out when I drop her off. She is okay after a few minutes, but it just breaks my heart. I know she loves it there and the teachers are great, but hopefully this is a short phase. But anyway, she was great when Terry came home and is so happy to have him home. He has been picking her up early from school so they can spend some one on one time together. Not sure how she is going to do when he leaves again, but I guess we will deal with that when the time comes.
Haven't been able to take lots of pics of Kendall. That is usually a two person job with Miss NON-Photogenic....but I'll try to post some later today....maybe tomorrow.....definitely by the weekend.
So check back soon for some new pics and an update on how Kendall is such a big girl these days...she is growing like crazy and I'm starting to miss my baby (but not enough to have another-just in case any of you were wondering)
1 comment:
Let me know if you need anything!
Love youall and Merry Christmas!!
Post a Comment